Review The De Pieri Clinic’s Office Policies Here
106 – 1353 Ellis Street
We are located directly across from the Library Parkade on Ellis Street in the Cultural District of downtown Kelowna. If you are coming from Westbank or West Kelowna, turn left on Ellis Street off Highway 97. If you are coming from anywhere north of downtown, including Vernon, turn right on Ellis Street off Highway 97. We are roughly half a block past Doyle Avenue, on the right-hand side.
We are located down an outside tree-lined breezeway between two buildings. Our door is the last one on the right-hand side, and we have a sign on the sidewalk on Ellis Street.
The best parking is either in the Library Parkade or on St. Paul’s Street behind our building. There is additional parking at the end of our block on Ellis Street and Cawston Avenue.
Unless you are coming to pick up something that is prepaid and waiting for you at the front desk, do not park directly in front of our building, as it is only 30 minute parking.
Office Hours & Phone Answering
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Reception is unattended between 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM.
Phones are answered Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM, and again from 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM.
Your First Visit
- At your first appointment, please bring your BC Care Card.
- Allow enough time to find parking before your appointment. It is always better to arrive earlier rather than later.
- We will have allowed time for you to complete a medical questionnaire. Be prepared to answer questions regarding your medical history, allergies, medications, etc.
Consultations for Cosmetic Services
- Our consultations for cosmetic services are complimentary.
- Established patients should expect to receive a complimentary consultation each time they plan to receive a new cosmetic service.
Valid Health Card
- Patients must have a valid health card in order to be seen by the doctor; otherwise, a fee will be payable before you see the doctor.
- This fee can be refunded when a valid health card is presented to the front desk and is validated by the Ministry of Health.
We do not require a referral from your family doctor to be seen for any of our services.
- It is not customary for The De Pieri Clinic to treat minors. Any persons under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian present during the consult.
- Parents receiving services should make arrangements for the care of their young children, and children are discouraged from accompanying their adult counterparts who are receiving care.
- Dr. De Pieri does not authorize any requests for prescription repeats by phone. All patients must make an appointment, often with testing to be done beforehand.
- Please ask at the time of your appointment if you need a medication refill.
- If you require a prescription before you can be seen, you have two options:
- Ask your pharmacy for an “emergency refill.” This is a very small amount to last you until you can be seen by the doctor. This is at the pharmacy’s discretion if they are able to fill this for you; they will only be able to do this occasionally and within the limits set by the College of Pharmacists of BC.
- If you are unable to obtain an emergency refill, ask for your pharmacy to send us a “refill request.” This service is $25, payable to the clinic, and we will endeavor to return your refill request to your pharmacy within 48 hours.
Failure to Show for an Appointment
- Patients who fail to show for their first appointment, without calling to cancel, cannot re-schedule an appointment. Exceptions, for extreme circumstances, may be made at the discretion of the doctor or administrative staff.
- Patients who fail to show for follow-up appointments with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged a $60 cancellation fee.
- Appointment times are specifically reserved for our patients.
- If a person is unable to keep their appointment, they are respectfully asked to notify us 24 hours in advance, in which case no charge will be made.
- Many people wait several months to see the doctor and many patients call daily for appointments. When a patient fails to cancel an appointment, they are keeping another patient from seeing the doctor.
Should you be unable to arrive for your scheduled appointment time, we will be unlikely to perform the service you have scheduled. Please expect that your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
Payment for Non-Insured Services
- All invoices for cosmetic procedures must be paid the same day that the procedure is done.
- We accept cash, debit, Visa and MasterCard. We do not accept American Express.
We do not contract with any insurance carriers. We are happy to provide you with a statement of service received that you may submit to your insurance carrier.
Telephone Calls & Emails
- Due to the high volume of phone calls our office receives, Dr. De Pieri does not take calls from patients or reply to patient emails directly. Any questions must be relayed to him by the receptionist.
- If you wish to email us with a question, please click here.
- We do our best to reply to emails as soon as possible, often the same day that they are received.
- Although the physician or his staff will endeavor to read and respond promptly to an email from a patient, the physician cannot guarantee that any particular email will be read and responded to within any particular period of time. Thus, patients should not use email for medical emergencies or other time sensitive matters.
Medical Emergencies or Urgent Medical Needs
- Dr. De Pieri’s services are not a substitute for your family doctor’s role. Please continue your care with your family physician.
- If your condition is an emergency and you cannot wait for your appointment, please go to your family doctor or an emergency department.
- If your condition relates to a procedure performed by Dr. De Pieri, please contact the clinic during office hours. In the evening or weekend, you should have received an instruction sheet that has Dr. De Pieri’s cell phone number on it.
In the course of providing medical care, your physician and other employees of the medical practice collect and use personal information concerning your health. As members of the medical profession, we are professionally bound to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. Staff must speak directly to patients to:
- Make, change or cancel an appointment, unless the appointment must be cancelled for unforeseen circumstances by the clinic and the patient cannot be reached.
- Release any verbal test results.
- Release any medical advice from Dr. De Pieri.
- Answer any prescription concerns.
The only exceptions are:
- Speaking to parents for children under the age of 14.
- Speaking to caregivers for the elderly or disabled.
- When a patient consents for the office to speak to someone on their behalf.
This means that a spouse, friend, parent, sibling, etc. cannot do the above, without the express, clearly documented permission of the patient him or herself.
Consent to Collection
- Most of your personal information is provided by you directly to your physician or from another care provider.
- The law requires that a physician must obtain your consent before collecting and using your personal information provided by another health care provider. We are also required to obtain your consent prior to sending any personal information to another provider.
- We record any decision not to grant such consent.
Your cooperation to protect everyone’s privacy is greatly appreciated!